Silex microsystems：All Si TSV, micro mirror array, RF-MEMS, Optical MEMS
By partnership with Swedish MEMS foundry, Silex Microsystems, we are able to provide volume production service of customer designed MEMS device.
About Silex Microsystems
- "Pure Play" MEMS foundry.
- Offers process and material optimization such as patterning like unique VIA structure, wafer bonding etc. based on abundant expertise of Si micro processing.
- Φ8" MEMS dedicated fab.
Click here to refer to foundry capability.
- Established in 2000, proven track record with more than 350 customers worldwide.
- Diversified market exposure such as Life science, Telecommunication, IT, Industrial & Scientific.
- Expertise in diversified application : RF-MEMS, TSV, micro mirror array, optical switch, inkjet print head, cantilever, pressure sensor, accelerometers etc.
Click here to refer to expertise in MEMS devices.
Unique technology① Si electrode TSV (Sil-Via™)
All-silicon through-silicon via.
Integration of this technology into MEMS systems enables significantly reduced form factors and true wafer level packaging solutions.
- All-silicon structure leads to low thermal expansion difference. Additional embedded metal electrode not necessary
- Durable at high temperatures (≦1100℃), vacuum sealed packaging possible
- CMOS and MEMS device mounting and wafer level packaging possible
- Suitable for applications requiring high vacuum sealing, e.g. acceleration sensor, pressure sensor, gyro
Unique technology② Cu electrode TSV (Met-Cap™）
Own development of through full wafer thickness metal via, excellent yield at low resistance.
It is an ideal substrate for wafer level packaging of RF MEMS devices.
- Fully integrated in standard building block cap wafer, may also contain a hollow
- Perfect for RF MEMS wafer level capping
- For 400µthickness, via resistance ＜25mΩ
- 10mTorr (Getter), 1Torr (without Getter)
- Yield rate >99.9%
Unique technology③ Glass Via
Developed glass via technology from recent trends of getting Mobiles&tablets thinner.
This glass via is suitable to the use of low power loss application, such as RF.
- Developed thin glass via with the thickness around 100µm.
- Realized superior electrical insulation, low dielectric constant and high hermeticity.
- Possible to use WLP upon RF-MEMS application.
Unique technology④ PZT film production technology
Introduced PZT mass production process by sputtering method.
Supply high quality PZT film production for actuator, energy harvest application and sensing purpose.
・e31 : -15 C/m2
・Young's modulus : 75GPa
・Relative permittivity εr : tunable from 700 to 1,400
・Breakdown voltage : 80-130V/µm
・Leakage current : < 200nA/cm2(up to BDV)
・Thickness : standard 1.2µm to 2µm, max. 4 µm
Unique technology⑤ Rocket MEMS --- semi-custom pressure sensors ---
Supplied semi-custom pressure sensors with short lead time.
Tuned standard design to meet with customer requested specs.
Utilized Silex production process established by SmartBLOCK.
- Tuned standard design to meet with customer specs by A.M.Fitzgerald and utilized Silex established pressure sensor production process.
- Supplied high performance and low cost pressure sensor chip with short lead time.
- Supported ASIC and packaging as option.
|Chip length (mm)||0.3 – 2|
|Thickness (mm)||0.3 - 1|
|Bridge Resistance (KΩ)||1 – 10|
|Pressure range, absolute (atm)||0.5 - 1.5（380-1140 mmHg）||0.2 – 2||0.2 – 10 （3-150 psi）|
|Example Applications||Blood pressure
Faster more cost-efficient development through modular standardization using SmartBLOCK
SmartBLOCK uses proven process blocks extracted from working process libraries to integrate functionality into a single structure.
electing the appropriate SmartBLOCKs from the library to build your process application significantly speeds up development and reduces costs.
- 分類が複数ある場合は、| ←半角の縦棒で区切って連続で入力してください。
|製品分類2||MEMS Volume production|